15 August, 2010

A week of new.

This week is the first week of the 2010-2011 school year. I'm excited to really get into it, summer school was so slack and unorganized... not that my school is very organized for the new school year- quite the opposite actually. But I have the ability to organize and make the year what I want it to be.

I'm excited to have all my little minions, and watch them grow and change over the next year. Field trips, performances, holidays, costumes and all the fun that comes with kindergarten.

I think I've really found my heart and my groove with this age group. 5 to 7 year olds are amazing little people to be around all day. They pour out love and wear their hearts on their sleeves... no matter where I am in the world, I'll be teaching my miniature humans : )

Also this week will be the first week of having private lessons. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I will work at my school from 7:30 to 4:30 and then teach two Korean girls from 5 to 7pm.... 
looong days, but worth it.

And finally, I will be welcoming a house mate this week. She may be temporary or possibly permanent. She's a friend of a friend who starts work at my school in the next week or so. I think I'm ready to have some company! And it'll be great being able to play tour guide and welcome someone into this crazy country.

With this comes a tiny dilemma. Which room do I chose as my own and which do I give up? As of right now, the entire house is mine so I have belongings in every single room! I've got to make the decision: Is it more important for me to have a very basic room that has a HUGE bed, or a room that has lovely bookshelves and a desk (however has a twin size bed)?

Hmm, tonight's my first try of sleeping and hanging out in Aimee's old room (the smaller bed but good shelves and a desk) I'll see how it goes and weigh my options after a little trial and error time. I kind of think the smaller bed might be a sacrifice worth taking considering it is just me sleeping in it! The desk is brilliant, I can work from home, prop my laptop on it to watch movies from bed and have all books at my disposal.

However, I've lived in that other room since day 1 and have grown quite close to it! 
Well... we'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment