07 December, 2010

Feeling Happy.

I posted this as my facebook status today. And I feel  like I need to elaborate on it, because I keep getting hit with the thought that I am really really happy with where I am in life. 

I'm proud of the life I've lead so far, beautifully content with the life I live at the moment and optimistic about the future. 

This thought usually hits me when I'm driving somewhere.... which is funny because you wouldn't think a calming beautiful thought would come to mind when your everyday traffic looks like this: 


But the thought goes something like this.... 

"Oh yeah, I live in Vietnam again... alone... driving a motorbike... teaching 5 year olds... loads of friends... easy travel... climbing... gym a few times a week... great food" 

And this huge smile appears on my face. While I'm driving. 

This is what you would see if you drove along side of me: 

Or better yet, a smile as big as this: 


It almost feels strange to say it, but I'm exactly where I want to be in life. I'm happier than I've been in ages- constant happiness. Troubles, conflicts and stresses last for minutes rather than the hours and days that they used to. 

I do the things I want to do when I want to do them and have no regrets. 

I guess it's a good to be the 26 year old version of Cori. I hope next year's model is just as awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment