15 October, 2010

Sick.

I knew it would happen. You can only spend so many nine hour days with 22 sick five year olds before you come down with something yourself. 

It's taken me out of commission for a little over a week. No exercise, no private lessons, only three and a half days of work, and no social life.

While taking time to rest is amazingly rewarding and has helped me bounce back (to about 75%, here's to the last 25% percent coming back easily! ) it's also sent me a little stir crazy. Something about being sick with a head cold makes reading a HUGE challenge, and reading is one of my favorite things to do. 

Since I've put all of my favorite things on hold (gym, reading, climbing, red wine, socializing etc) I am hoping to dive back in tomorrow. Go Vap Orphanage in the morning, climbing in the afternoon and possibly some Octoberfest activities in the evening. Bring it on. 

Also this week in the exciting world of Cori, I finally bit the bullet and purchased my ticket home for christmas. While it was a huge financial blow, the decision was easy. I get to see my mom, my dad, my brother, my sister-in-law, my AMAZING niece and my family of friends in Portland. Who could ask for anything more? 

I also have the blessing of saying goodbye to a very challenging 2010 and welcoming in 2011 with some of my favorite people in the entire world. I think I've earned a warm comforting holiday season with family! 

Feeling a bit healthier, a bit more optimistic and a lot more happy. 

I hope nothing but the best in health and happiness to all those out there that read this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment