03 August, 2010

At a loss.

A friend of mine passed away this week. I've mentioned him a couple of times in the past few months. 

To recap, he was in a very serious motorbike accident here in Vietnam. Amidst cultural barriers and laws, confusion and lies involving insurance and medical bills piling up; His family stayed strong and dedicated. 

Ryan's evacuation was delayed may times due to complications with funds, insurance (lack there of) and the canadian government. He spent about three weeks abroad in critical condition and was finally brought home to reunite with his family. 

While he had been in a coma since the accident, there were small signs that he was fighting strong and his friends and family were all praying for the miracle of good health. 

At first, I prepared myself for the worst... yet after all that the family had been through- with continued strength, I was beginning to have faith in his recovery. His passing came as a shock. 

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. And I support them in their fight to get justice in this tragedy. 

Here's a pic of us having fun during an annual beach trip with work in '07: 


No comments:

Post a Comment