20 June, 2010

Reinvigorate

Today... I'm drunk with happiness. I've broken through the clouds of frustration, sadness, feelings of loss and confusion to a point of confidence and excitement towards the future.

I'm looking forward to getting out and experiencing life. Purely because I want to, not because I am forced to. I've spent a little over a week in self pity... in the security of my house feeling lethargic and uninspired.

Part of this is a result of the rainy season coming on strong, part of its because it's that glorious week I experience once a month due to the honor of being a woman and part of its due to life happening a little too fast around me. A little too much to handle all at once.

But I do believe you can't get anywhere in life without going into it head first. Blindly walking into and facing life's challenges head on. Rather then hiding, ignoring or making excuses for it.

It takes a hell of a lot of energy to face life's fears and dig in deep looking for the true you.

Self discovery is a painful process yet it can only yield one thing: Happiness.

I've been asked in the past what my 5 year goal is...'Where do you see yourself?" "What's your plan?" And I firmly believe that I have no other answer for this but to be happy.

I don't have those drives to be wealthy and successful in business. I have a drive to not only be happy, but to share that love and happiness with those who need it most. Whether it's through education, laughter, play, touch, listening, sharing or experiencing.

I don't think its wrong to have these goals or aspirations. I just think it's a way of life that most people aren't accustomed to.

I'm excited to challenge myself. Challenge who I thought I was and who I truly am. I don't think these two are incredibly far apart, but I'm looking forward to bringing them to the same playing field.

Some ways I'm tackling this new challenge:
yoga
discovering Saigon
Culinary tour of Vietnam with Aimee
Trip to Nha Trang with the ladies
Reading
Writing
Reflecting
Taking pictoral notes of all experinces
and living my life openly sharing it with others



Why waist your time trying to be something your not? Why not spend that time discovering and sharing who you are




1 comment:

  1. Excellent!! I am very proud of you, I think we all go through self discovery at some point and you hit the nail on the head. It is a very painful process. You make my heart happy Toots. I love you so very, very much. You are doing great, stay strong!

    Momma

    ReplyDelete