08 April, 2010

Less than 50%...

What if it turns out I only see Jake for 4 months out of the year? 

What if, for the next 8 months out of the year I am a 'single' lady?! 

Should separation and distance put a hold on following my dreams? Or can I truly take advantage of my time, find new and exciting opportunities and share them with my husband,  through the amazing advancements in technology? 

When I first realized that Jake might not be able to come to Vietnam as much as we originally thought- I was heart broken. But, I can't let that effect this dream, this goal. It's not even as if Vietnam is my end all be all, it's the gateway into my future, and our future together. 

But hey, if I can endure 6 weeks with no job, no friends, no family and a large language barrier- WITHOUT my husband- isolated in Switzerland. I think I can hack following my dreams, with friends, and the support of my partner. 

I can do it. I'm stronger then I give myself credit for.

4 comments:

  1. You're very fortunate to have such a supportive partner. Jake's a lucky guy too!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. What to say??? How about Opra...

    You Go Girl!

    Still need to get the details on whats going down, Have not chatted to you guys in ages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this quote a few days ago and it stuck with me...

    “Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction”

    -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the love and support. And Katy, that quote is amazing. Thank you for sharing it with me.

    ReplyDelete