26 April, 2010

Last trip before the move

Joshua Tree. An epic place to take a short or long vacation. 

I think this has been one of the best send off's Jake and I have ever had. We drove Wednesday when Jake was done at work, crashed at a motel since we got in late- then headed into the park and tooled around for two amazing days! 



We even took a quick peek at pioneertown, a wild west town built by early hollywood. Pioneertown was built in 1946 as a movie set for western movies, including the movies of Gene AutryThe Cisco Kid, with Duncan Renaldo, Annie Oakley with Gail DavisJudge Roy Bean with Edgar Buchanan, Range Rider with Jock O. Mahoney, and Buffalo Bill Jr. with Dick Jones. 


All in all a pretty darn good way to spend the last few days with my husband and my pup. 

It's still surreal. I'm sure it'll be about 6 hours into my flight when I finally think 
"oh. ok, I'm ready now : )  "



No comments:

Post a Comment