19 September, 2010

Rock Climbing.

*Photo circa 2005 in Redwing, MN*

I miss it. I've talked about it for years. I've carried my climbing gear around the world and yet climbed very rarely. Well, I'm changing that : ) 

I purchased a three month membership to an outdoor climbing gym here in Saigon. I only did two and a half climbs yesterday, but that was one half of a climb more than I thought I could do! 

I felt embarrassed as it took me 20 minutes to get the hang of belaying but once I found my motion and rhythem with it, it was smooth sailing. 

I'm planning on hitting the gym at least twice a week, it's such a beaufitul sport/hobby. You hit your limit and then you climb some more. You get to a point 3 quarters of the way to the top and think you'll never make it- yet somehow you find the strength to do those last few steps. 

I hope to take some time off and hit the natural walls along the beaches of Thailand, possibly next summer. And continue to climb all over the world. I love it. I feel rejuvenated from climbing! 

I highly advise you all to get out and try it. You wont regret it. 

*Another photo circa 2005, Redwing, MN*

No comments:

Post a Comment