25 June, 2010

Good things come to those who wait.


While I waited patiently for the summer months to pass, I was rewarded with a 6 week summer school course! 

Not only will this be a financial saver, but it'll be a much better way to pass the time! I'm glad I didn't get a summer school job at some other school, because this one will give me a head start into the main school year. A smooth transition considering it is at my new school! 

I will be teaching 5 year olds, most of which I got to know over the few days of substitute teaching last month. It's going to be a bit of a challenge, I've never taught one class for a full day like this before. But I'm really looking forward to it.

Hopefully put me back on course to being me and fitting myself back into life. 

However, the social scene has been fun lately, mostly due to the world cup! And surprisingly, America is kicking ass in it! It's been fun actually having a social life, I started to build one up in the last few months back in California but it took almost a year to fit in and get sorted. Here I've come back to a life I've already started and met some new great people along the way. 

Heading into the weekend I feel a little bit of a cold coming on so I'll take it easy (minus heading out to watch the game tomorrow night) maybe hit the pool, go to yoga and book club. Nice way to chill before heading back to work! 


No comments:

Post a Comment