08 May, 2010

Three Cups of Tea.

 Wow. All I can say is wow. This book was given to me by one of my closest friends back in southern California. There was a post-it note on the cover that said “Happy Birthday Cori! Here’s your new favorite book”… He wasn’t kidding.

I’ve been through a lot of thoughts involved with this move. It’s includes knowing that I would not only make personal sacrifices, but would ask my husband to make sacrifices as well. It’s a decision that weighs heavily on the fact that I would spend months apart from husband, leave my pup and not know when I’d see her again.

But if I stayed… If I stayed I would be settling, I would be selling myself short and living out someone else’s’ life. I would be living a lie and trying hard every day to ‘fit in’ somewhere that I know I’m not ready to belong in.

Greg Mortenson felt something drawing himself back to Pakistan time and time again. Even through some of the most horrific warfare where a majority of  the people hated Americans.

He promoted books not bombs, built schools to educate the youth- and more importantly the girls this way he helped fight in a greater war. Fighting ignorance, and providing many different communities with opportunities that their parents, grandparents etc never had.

He made this happen, through hard work and dedication. Spent many months apart from his wife and children- and with their support, changed the lives of thousands and thousands of people.
I’m thankful to have this support from my husband. 

This book was so inspiring and exactly what I needed to read. I highly recommend this book, and it's sequel Stones into Schools. 

Up next for Cori: 


No comments:

Post a Comment